We are discovering more and more each day that the world of work as we know it is changing rapidly.
The things we have long taken for granted are constantly being challenged.
We can no longer depend on a job for life; in fact we can expect to have multiple careers, and many changes within those careers. It would seem that every job is temporary.
So what can we do about it?
1. Be passionate. The bold new world of work is not for wimps. It’s very competitive out there so if we are enthusiastic and interested we will be drawn to more opportunities.
2. Be courageous. The best path on which to travel has many twists and turns, dead ends and is littered with obstacles.
3. Be flexible. Consider each opportunity as one more stepping stone on the journey. The perfect and ideal job may not exist in the way you think; sometimes what we get becomes just the best thing, unexpected though it might be.
4. Be persistent. Finding a life that works for us takes time, in fact it is rare to find the perfect opportunity at the first attempt.
5. Stay positive. It’s tempting to become discouraged when our big plan hasn’t produced amazing results yet.
6. Know what’s really important. Researchers are telling us what ancient wisdom has always known, that other people matter. Keep in touch with family and friends, and foster new relationships. You never know where you may get that next important lead, and because relationships are reciprocal, you may find that someone else might value your support.
7. Take good care of yourself. Good food, regular exercise, a good night’s sleep, warm relationships, opportunities for a little fun, and care for the spirit within, all help to recharge our batteries and help us to be more productive.
That is why I love what I do; I value the opportunity to assist my clients to become their best selves.
What do you love about what you do? I’d love to hear.
Are you looking forward to starting each day with enthusiasm and energy? Let’s get you past being stuck. Make a Career Booster Call now.